Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Peter The great
Transcript of Peter The great
- 1682 - 1725
- 10 years old Death : February 8, 1725 or Pyotr Alekseyevich Childhood :
- Peter has a brother name Ivan.
- Ivan and peter ruled Russia together. Action with absolute power Married + Children : Married twice: Mariya and Natalya. Parents : Father - Czar Alexis ( Alexei Mikhailovich) Mother - Maria Miloslavskii - Maria was the mother of Sophia, Fyodor and Ivan.
- Natalya was the mother of Peter.
(m. 1648–1669) - Russian Orthodox Church under state control. - Reduced the power of the great landowners. - Improve his army. -Soon after he learned how to sail properly, he sailed off to find more knowledge.
-The first place he landed on was a luxurious place at Amsterdam.
-Peter began studying Holland's ships and navy, and hired ship builders to go home with him, and help him prepare a sea power.
- During his voyage, his palace guards had started a revolt in Moscow. Explain his attempts at Westernization. What lands did he add to Russia? Reference - "Peter the Great Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://www.biography.com/people/peter-the-great-9542228>. Praew - Background information, finding picture and action in absolute power
What we do Anita - Foreign affairs ,attempts at westernization, and Finding piture
Peter's Goals! - Citizens must cut their beards short, if one were to keep his beards long, then they will be forced to pay more tax.
- Citizens forced to wear a new type of clothing, English hair-dressing was substituted for the caps and bonnets.
- People who were still wearing the old kind of clothing will not be able to attend weddings and parties that was held. Our Opinion - Absolute monarchy - 1700 - 1721, Peter the Great led Russia in a was against Sweden.
- From this war Russia gained control over territory along the eastern shores of the Baltic Sea.
- The land gave Russia a direct approach by water to the rest of Europe.
- On the captured land, Peter the Great had the city of St.Petersburg built in 1703.
- 1722 - 1723, Peter the Great attacked Persia and conquered territory along the Caspian sea.
- These conquests helped Russia to expand it's trade with other countries. - He wants to bring new technology
- Wanted to improve his country
- Wanted to push through social and economic reform
- He wanted to adopt mercantilist policies and encourage exports PETER'S QUOTE "I have conquered an empire but I have not been able to conquer myself"- Peter the Great "I have conquered an empire but I have not been able to conquer myself"- Peter the Great Vincent- Goals that Peter the great wanted and his quote - Peter the Great is a very thoughtful man who really cares about his Country. Tutu - Finding pictures and absolute power The end.
"What Were Three Goals of Peter the Great?" WikiAnswers. Answers, n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_Three_goals_of_Peter_the_Great>. Praew, Anita, Vincent, and Tutu. "What Are Some Famous Quotes from Peter the Great?" Yahoo! Answers. Yahoo!, n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081014180115AAeYGje>.