Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Peter The great
Transcript of Peter The great
- 1682 - 1725
- 10 years old Death : February 8, 1725 or Pyotr Alekseyevich Childhood :
- Peter has a brother name Ivan.
- Ivan and peter ruled Russia together. Action with absolute power Married + Children : Married twice: Mariya and Natalya. Parents : Father - Czar Alexis ( Alexei Mikhailovich) Mother - Maria Miloslavskii - Maria was the mother of Sophia, Fyodor and Ivan.
- Natalya was the mother of Peter.
(m. 1648–1669) - Russian Orthodox Church under state control. - Reduced the power of the great landowners. - Improve his army. -Soon after he learned how to sail properly, he sailed off to find more knowledge.
-The first place he landed on was a luxurious place at Amsterdam.
-Peter began studying Holland's ships and navy, and hired ship builders to go home with him, and help him prepare a sea power.
- During his voyage, his palace guards had started a revolt in Moscow. Explain his attempts at Westernization. What lands did he add to Russia? Reference - "Peter the Great Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://www.biography.com/people/peter-the-great-9542228>. Praew - Background information, finding picture and action in absolute power
What we do Anita - Foreign affairs ,attempts at westernization, and Finding piture
Peter's Goals! - Citizens must cut their beards short, if one were to keep his beards long, then they will be forced to pay more tax.
- Citizens forced to wear a new type of clothing, English hair-dressing was substituted for the caps and bonnets.
- People who were still wearing the old kind of clothing will not be able to attend weddings and parties that was held. Our Opinion - Absolute monarchy - 1700 - 1721, Peter the Great led Russia in a was against Sweden.
- From this war Russia gained control over territory along the eastern shores of the Baltic Sea.
- The land gave Russia a direct approach by water to the rest of Europe.
- On the captured land, Peter the Great had the city of St.Petersburg built in 1703.
- 1722 - 1723, Peter the Great attacked Persia and conquered territory along the Caspian sea.
- These conquests helped Russia to expand it's trade with other countries. - He wants to bring new technology
- Wanted to improve his country
- Wanted to push through social and economic reform
- He wanted to adopt mercantilist policies and encourage exports PETER'S QUOTE "I have conquered an empire but I have not been able to conquer myself"- Peter the Great "I have conquered an empire but I have not been able to conquer myself"- Peter the Great Vincent- Goals that Peter the great wanted and his quote - Peter the Great is a very thoughtful man who really cares about his Country. Tutu - Finding pictures and absolute power The end.
"What Were Three Goals of Peter the Great?" WikiAnswers. Answers, n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_Three_goals_of_Peter_the_Great>. Praew, Anita, Vincent, and Tutu. "What Are Some Famous Quotes from Peter the Great?" Yahoo! Answers. Yahoo!, n.d. Web. 02 Oct. 2012. <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081014180115AAeYGje>.