Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kanye West
Kanye West and "Yeezus"
Kanye West and Jimmy Kimmell
1. How would you describe "rap" music today? Does Kanye still fit into the category of "rapper"?
2. Is Kanye acting, or is he being genuine? When do you think he is working on his persona, and when do you think he's being genuine? Why would ?
3. What do you think of the many literary devices (allusions, references, metaphors) that can be found in Kanye's songs (especially "Black Skinhead" from Yeezus)? Are you surprised?
"I'm-a talk sh** until I'm outta hits."
per·so·na - the mask presented to satisfy the demands of the situation or the environment and not representing the inner personality of the individual; the public personality.
1986: Ice-T released the first "gangster rap" song with the first ever "explicit content" warning
1987: Ice-T wrote a gangster rap song called "Cop Killer" (West Coast, N. W. A.)
1994: Notorious B. I. G. and Junior M.A.F.I.A./2pac release "Ready to Die" in response (East Coast, Bad Boy Ent.)
East Coast and West Coast debate each other's "gangster" status in song (IRONY!)
September 13, 1996: 2Pac shot 6 times and killed
March 9, 1997: Notorious B.I.G. shot to death
Kanye Omari West
Wrote his first song at 13, called "Green Eggs & Ham"
Donda West (2007)
Evil Knievel and "Touch the Sky" music video
2004: The College Dropout
2005: Late Registration
2008: 808s & Heartbreak
2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2011: Watch the Throne (with Jay-Z)
2004: American Music Awards, Best New Artist (loses to Gretchen Wilson, "robbed")
2005: A Concert for Hurrican Relief (goes off-script with Mike Myers)
2006: MTV Europe Music Awards, Best Video (loses to J.U.S.T.I.C.E., argues with them)
2007: MTV Video Music Awards, Best Male Artist/Video of the Year (lost to Britney Spears b/c of "race")
2009: MTV Video Music Awards, Best Female Video (Taylor Swift vs. Beyonce's "Ring on It")
2010: Minnesotan radio, recants apology to Swift
2013: Jimmy Kimmel tweet rant
Kanye West TODAY
& Poetic Devices