Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Shirley Jackson
Born in San Francisco on December 14, 1916
Spent her childhood in nearby Burlingame, California.
She attended the University of Rochester and then Syracuse University
She became fiction editor of the campus humor magazine.
She met her husand at Syracuse University.
Both graduated 1940
moved to New York
had 4 kids
Both founded a magazine named "Spectre"
The Road Through the Wall (1948)
The Bird's Nest (1954)
The Sundial (1958)
The Haunting of Hill House (1959)
We Have Always Lived in the Castle (1962)
On August 8 1965
died of unexpected heart falure while taking a nap.
published in 1948
been published in dozens of langueges
has been taught in US high schools
Possibley the most well known short story in the 20th century.
The Lottery and Other Stories (Farrar, Straus, 1949)
The Magic of Shirley Jackson (Farrar, Straus, 1966)
Come Along with Me (Viking, 1968)
Just an Ordinary Day (Bantam, 1995)
Let Me Tell You (Random House, 2015)