Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Figurative Language
created by: Makenna
Statement not to be taken literally
ex) If i don't get a phone I will die!
ex) Mom will kill me!
compares two things to make a better visual
ex) Sally is a seal
ex) The hospital was a refrigerator
ex) She wiffed the aroma of brewed coffee.
ex) It was dark and dim in the forest.
An indirect message
ex) You are a regular Einstein.
ex)Don't be a scrooge.
Compares two things using "like" , or "as"
ex) as tall as a tree
ex) fast like a cheetah
warning or indication of a future event
ex)I thought it can't get and worse, but I was wrong.
ex) They won't pick you, it's your first year.
sylables in a group of words with the same sound/prefix, siffix
ex) some smug slug
ex) Frank fought Fred
two meanings, literal, and non-literal
ex) It's raining cats and dogs!
like sound effects, any noises, e.t.c.
when stories give non-lifelike things, life like characteristics
ex)The stars danced
ex)The wind howled