Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Themes- 5th Grade
Transcript of Themes- 5th Grade
What is the point? Themes Theme is a life lesson, meaning, moral, or message about life or human nature that is communicated by a literary work. Identifying Themes Remember- Stories can have MORE than one theme!
Themes are not explicit, they are implied.
Themes are BIGGER than the story.
The character's choices and the effects of those
choices give readers insight into the themes or messages of a story. What is a theme? How to explain the theme of a story: 1.) Examine an important decision made by a main character (or group of main characters).
2.) Evaluate the effects of that decision
3.) Determining if the effects were positive or negative.
4.) Use the information you gathered to pinpoint the message of a story. Common Core Standards CCSS.ELA-Literacy. RL.5.2: Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic.