Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Mass Tourism - The end?
Transcript of Mass Tourism - The end?
Business Away from place of residence
Temporary, short term visit
>24hours <1 year Large scale Tourism Tourism in large scales + Same destination
Same time Tour Operator Package Accommodation Catering Transport Positive effects Negative effects Economic Social Environmental Economic Social Environmental Future Prospects When did it start? Where did it come from? 1840's Revolution in Tourism Thomas Cook 571 People Leicester Loughborough Meals
Music First ever all-inclusive tour 1855 Tours
Guided holidays Foreign countries "Boom" A few years later... 19th Century Enlightenment
Romanticism New perspective of Nature "Sentimentalized" the mountains Affinity for Nature Opening of Alps to tourists
Mountain Railways European Aristocracy
New middle class International tourism
European countries' balance of payments
Europe's economy Development of means of transport Thomas Cook Steam train and ship Safe, inexpensive traveling Growth
of mass tourism An alternative... Sustainable Tourism Is the end of mass tourism in sight?