Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Glaciers
Types of glaciers
Ice Sheets(largest glaciers)
Tide water Glaciers
Alpine Glacier Ice sheet glacier Tide water Glacier Glacier Formation Glaciers move downhill due to the internal deformation of ice and gravity
Glacial Landscape Glaciers can move up to 20-30 meters per day The speed of glacial displacement is partly determined by friction You can tell whether glacier is dense or not by looking at its color, if it tends to be blue then this is very dense glacier.
Some estimates say that if all land ice would about to melt, sea level would rise approximately 70 meters worldwide.
When glacier ice is white, that usually means that there are many tiny air bubbles still in the ice, and that iceberg still isn't very dense.
Nick Citrus High School Inverness Fl