Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Leadership styles at McDonald's
Transcript of Leadership styles at McDonald's
Dr. Nayyer Samad
Leadership styles at
Leadership styles at
Khalid Al Balushi
Sultan Saeed Al Neyadi
Abdul Karim Faisal Al Hashmi
Mansoor Al Neyadi
Introduction (objective & scope)
Importance of people over profits
Ten Principles of Personal Leadership
Conclusion / recommendations
Why are we writing this report?
Why have we chosen McDonald's?
Participative Leadership style
: Where leaders share decision making with group members.
Autocratic Leadership style
: Where leaders retain most of the authority for themselves.
*Entrepreneurial Leadership style
: It stems from the leader's personal characteristics and circumstances of self-employment
Leadership styles which we have studied in the course
Background information & literature review
McDonald’s is the fastest fast food restaurant chain in the world
It operates in 119 countries around the globe with over 33000 branches worldwide
Main product is selling hamburgers, cheeseburgers,
chicken, French fries and breakfast
McDonald's is the sixth most valuable brand in the world (2011),
with a market capitalization of more than $77 billion.
The methodology and the research methods
McDonald's brothers started with the idea that if you regard employees and customers as human beings, everything else will take care of itself. If you engage your staff as partners (not assets or labor costs), they will achieve results beyond what is thought possible.
1) Know Who You Are: Wear one hat.
2) Know Why you’re Here
3) Think Independently: The Person who sweeps the floor should choose the broom.
4) Build Trust: Care, like You Really Mean It.
5 Listen for the Truth: The Walls Talk.
6. Be Accountable: Only the Truth Sounds like the Truth.
7. Take Action: Think like a Person of Action, and Act like a Person of Thought
8. Face Challenge: We Are Human Beings First
9. Practice Leadership: The Big Noise and the Still, Small Voice
10. Dare to Dream: Say "Yes," the Most Powerful Word in the World
Leadership & Communication
Participative leadership style
Principles of Leadership, Andrew J. DuBrin, 7th Edition
*Was established by the McDonald's brothers,
bought the rights of McDonald’s Concept from the brothers
*To go for the maturity of the employees if they don’t agree with discussion made by the leader of McDonald's.
*To listen to the opinions of the employees for their problems first, so he can know what does the employees like to hear from the leader.