Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mon 8am Civic Engagement and Title IX
Transcript of Mon 8am Civic Engagement and Title IX
The Work Continues . . .
Feminism and Its Waves
How does Title IX contribute to the quality of your education?
Why is equality work, like feminism, important?
How can we continue to be civically engaged in such work?
By: Matthew Guerrero
3 Concepts to consider when discussing Title IX
The idea that we are all represented fairly. Women in university or even men...
The idea that we all hold a voice. Women hold no exception to the rule.
The fact that the issue was even addressed or payed attention to. All due to someone speaking up
Voice vs. Marginality
No longer is there a short leash around a woman's perspective.
Now, there is nothing holding women back from progress...
...as well as the equal consideration that comes with an unleashed voice.
Civic Engagement and Title IX
"Full Participation" is about more than sports. . .
. . .It means that everyone should feel safe and have a voice.
1 in 4 college women are sexually assaulted. Only6-9% of college men are responsible for 90% of the assaults.
"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman."
All boys and all girls have the equal opportunity
to go to school to get a good education.
Women are being left out, shunned, and denied equal pay as their male counterparts,
particularly in the learning environment.
Some of the highest paying jobs have the lowest
number of female workers (i.e. most of the
- equal opportunities for both genders to persue their own goals
- people who work on reforming the workplace are omportant because they share useful information on topics that help shape our oppinions and society
- everybbody, nomatter what gender, should have the same chances and treatment
Clarity: Giving a solid line that shouldn't be crossed saying gender nor race can be discriminated upon a person during the hiring process.
Race: No matter what your race is, the government protects your right as a citizen.
Information: This is at the hand of the internet and everyone can access this information and become informed on the issue.