Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Apologetics - Identity in Christ
Transcript of Apologetics - Identity in Christ
Everything we do flows out of what we believe about God
Sovereignty of God
by sin, adam and eve fell from their original righteousness and communion with God, and so became dead in sin, and wholly defiled in all their parts and faculties of soul and body.
from this original corruption, sin and death were imputed to mankind, and wholly inclined to all evil.
and what we believe about ourselves.
- lord over all - sovereign in principle and practice
- self-sufficient - all things under His rule and control
Eph 1:11 ....according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will.
2 Ti 3:16 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Peter 1:20-21 – “ knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 4:12 – “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
Scripture is truthful and trustworthy
- light - "Thy word is a light to my path" illuminates the darkness
- mirror - to show us the truth about ourselves
- fence - to keep us safe
The gospel is the fact that I am more sinful and flawed than I ever believed,
yet at the same time I am more love and accepted than I ever dared imagine because Jesus Christ lived and died for me.
Principle 2 - Reliability of Scripture
Principle 3 - Depravity of Man/Beloved Child
Principle 1 - Sovereignty of God