Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Buddhism
Sutras This is where Buddhism spread from 400 BC to 600 BC. Zen- The most known branch in America.
Tibetan- The Dalai Lama is part of this type of Buddhism.
Tendai- Said to be the most important development in Chinese and Japanese Buddhism.
Nichiren- Form of Japanese Buddhism. Buddhism Beliefs Holidays Holy Texts Pali Canon Eightfold
Path Four Noble Truths Purpose of life is to end suffring (Buddha's Birthday) Dhamma Day Festival of Floating Bowls Sangha Day Kathina Ceremony Vesak Symbols Wheel of the Law Main Symbol Other Symbols Places of Worship Vihaarams Branches of Buddhism Theravada Way of the Elders Mahayana Greater Vehicle Vajrayana Diamond Vehicle Mahayana is Polytheistic Theravada is Monotheistic Siddhartha Gautama was a Indian prince that later became
the Buddha though intense meditation under a sacred bodhi tree.
He was in the northeastern part of India which is now Nepal in the year of 520 BCE. Almost all Buddhists are in Asia Other Branches of Buddhism