Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of abusive relationships
They occur most often with younger age groups (18-25 year olds) but can occur within any age group
While the abuser is most often the male, the female can be the abuser as well Emotional abuse is any use of words, voice, action or lack of action to control, hurt, or demean another person. verbal threats
demeaning partner in front of others
constant criticism/ humiliation
monitoring partner's whereabouts and time
monitoring partner's social media, texts, phone calls
threats of violence
threat to end relationship
Physical abuse is defined as the threat of harm or any forceful or physical behavior that intentionally or accidentally cause bodily harm or property destruction. Hitting, beating, choking, slapping, kicking, hair pulling, biting, burning
refusual to get partner medical help
smashing, hiding, breaking partner's possesions
depriving partner of medication
stalking Emotional abuse is more common. Emotional abuse is almost always present in relationships where physical abuse is present. Top 5 signs:
5) Rushing into a relationship
4) Mood swings
1) Fear Emotional Abuse Emotional abuse erodes a persons self confidence and self-esteem Resources in Charleston Hope-http://www.hope-eci.org/ EIU Police
Domestic Abuse Therapists