Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Monday, May 04, 2015
Transcript of Monday, May 04, 2015
Rainshadow Community Charter High School
For & Against
It would break my heart
Timeline of Events
Rainshadow Community Charter High School serves a student population that usually goes unnoticed. These children have found home in their school and love how much it has helped them. The intention of this mini documentary is to give these students a voice, as their school may soon be closed down.
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Vol XCIII, No. 311
What Is It?
Under SB77, Charter and public schools with unsatisfactory test scores, will be given a three-year period to turnaround their poor performance. If these schools fail to progress, they could face being shutdown, conversion to a charter school from a public school, or having staff changed or fired.
SENATE BILL 77
Companion Bill, AB448 passed April 9, 2015
Creates "Achievement District"
Largely Conservative Backed
Largely Liberal Opposition
Gives Incentive for Improvement
DOE & State ensure success
Three year timetable is fair
Proposed $8M Grant too much
Public school conversion not the way
Harder to meet State metrics