Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Frindle
I would be writing this report with a frindle, if I weren’t doing it on the computer. This is the dictionary definition of frindle.
1. A pen or permanent marker.
Etymology: From the novel w:Frindle, Frindle in which a 5th-grader (fictional Nicholas Allen) invents the word "frindle" as a substitute for the word "pen," in an attempt to annoy his English teacher.
Lincoln Elementary School
5th grade teacher
Mrs. Granger wouldn't let her class use the word frindle, because it wasn't in the dictionary. If they used it, they had to stay after school. This caused a rebellion that went on for 10 years.
Finally, frindle earned its place in the dictionary.