Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cultural Hegemony & African American Development
Transcript of Cultural Hegemony & African American Development
The Frazerian Paradigm
Frazier was best Known for his work on African American Families.
He became highly criticized in this area because he blamed the black families disorganization for impoverishment in American Society
He was also highly criticized blaming the female headed households-(e.g. the matriarchal structured family) for continued impoverishment.
So Called Matriarchal Household circa 1910
Writings by Frazier-The Negro Family in the United States
On the social problem of assimilation.
In his analysis, Frazier wanted to know what conditions shaped the black family.