Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Tresemme Hairspray
Purpose: To ensure the proper, even spreading of styling products onto the hair. 2) Hydrofluorocarbon 152A: A compound containing hydrogen, fluorine, and carbon atoms.
Purpose: Used as a cooling component used in aerosol products. It keeps the hairspray from exploding. 3) Octylacrylamide/Acrylates Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer: 2 or more monomers consisting of acrylic acid, meth acrylic acid or any of their simple esters.
Purpose: Makes the hairspray dry quickly. Waterproof but easy to washout. Makes the hair look shiny and flexible. 4) VA Crotonates Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer: Has no health warnings and used in many hair products.
Purpose: Fixes the hair to look smoother. 5) Aminomethyl propanol: This product is a small molecular weight. The CIR restricted cosmetics to using this chemical in hair products.
Purpose: It is used to control the PH of cosmetic products which is the measurement of the acidity or basicity of a substance 6) Dimethyl stearamine: Has no health warnings but it has a contamination concern about nitrosamines.
Purpose: Dimethyl stearamine is added to reduce static electricity (by making the hair surface conduct electricity better). 7) Fragrance: Types of fragrances that are used in hairspray are Linalool, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol. These are citrus and floral scent molecules.
Purpose: To add a nice scent to the product to cover up the smell of the chemicals used in hairspray Manufacturing 1) During the manufacturing process the formula is prepared as a liquid concentrate in large batch.
2) Depending on the amount of each of the ingredients, this mixing step may take as little as 30 minutes or as long as several hours.
2) Since some of the ingredients are in the form of powders, the mixture must be carefully monitored during the batching process to ensure they dissolve properly.
4) After mixing is complete it is all transferred to a holding tank prior to filling. Batching Filling 1) At this stage of the filling line, there are a series of nozzles, known as filling heads that are connected to tubes that transfer the liquid concentrate from the tank where it is stored. A piston mechanism injects a precise amount of liquid into the can.
2) The metal cup is crimped onto the rim on the opening of the can. This tight seal prevents the gas and liquid from leaking out.
3) The cans are all placed in hot water and are checked visually for escaping bubbles, which would indicate a bad seal or a leaky can. Leaking cans are removed during this stage.
4) Cans are dried by compressed air jets and a cap is placed over the valve. That prevents the aerosol can from being accidentally activated.
5) Lastly they are packed into boxes and stacked for shipping. Proper Disposal 1) Use up the entire product before getting rid of the aerosol can. If they still contain product in them it will explode in landfills and the chemicals will seek into the soil.
2) You can go on Earth911.com to locate your nearest Household Hazardous waste collection or recycling centre where aerosol cans are accepted.
3) You can avoid purchasing products in aerosol cans, there are many alternatives made in reusable bottles.
4) Recycling empty aerosol cans is the proper way to dispose them. Effects on the Environment and Health •Improper disposal of aerosol cans may ruin the Earth’s future
•If an aerosol can explodes all the contents may be released so forcefully that injuries may occur
•High temperatures may cause the cans to explode or the moisture in landfills cause them
to rust which will release all the contents and harm the air, water and land Did you know: If every US consumer properly recycled aerosol cans they purchased, approx. 400 000 cars could be manufactured by the extra steel. Usage How it effects the Environment and Health • Hairspray is by far the most dangerous beauty product to the ozone and the environment.
• Scientists and doctors recommend staying away from hairspray whenever possible.
• Common chemicals found in hairspray are aerosol propellants, alcohol, carcinogenic polyvinylpyrrolidone plastic, formaldehyde, and artificial fragrance, which can cause low blood pressure, breathing difficulty, coma, as well as irritation of the skin, eyes and lungs.
• These chemicals also increase the risk of developing the lung disease thesaurosis over a period of time.
• Aerosol sprays pose threats, while pump sprays are slightly safer. Hairspray poisoning occurs when someone inhales hair spray or accidentally or intentionally sprays this substance down their throat or into their eyes.
- Blurred vision
- Breathing difficulty
- Burning pain in the throat
- Burns to the eye
- Coma (if extreme amounts are inhaled)
- Low blood pressure
- Rash Symptoms of inhaling hairspray You can make your own hairspray by placing a slice lemon into two cups of boiling water.
Cool this and leave it in the refrigerator.
Add one ounce of rubbing alcohol.
You can use this for up to two weeks.
This homemade hairspray is safe and a good alternative to harsh chemicals. Harmless/Safe Substitute