Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of On holiday
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
*Which of the following activities do you find most appealing? Why?
2. READING FOR GIST
Read the advertisements 1-5 on page 9 quickly and match them with the headings and pictures a-e below.
Read the advertisements 1-5
3. SCANNING FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Imagine that you are on vacation in the USA and you
are interested in the trips and vacations advertised.
Read the advertisements again and answer the
questions 1-12. Choose a, b, c or d.
4. GUESSING THE MEANING OF UNKNOWN WORDS
Match the highlighted words/phrases in the advertisements with the meanings below. There are two extra meanings which you do not need to use.
Driving a racecar
Scuba diving with sharks
*If you were interested in taking part in one or more of the activities above, what information would you like to know?
White-Water Rafting Trips in Colorado
Extreme Sports and Stunt Vacation in Las Vegas
Mario Andretti and Jeff Gordon Racing School
San Diego Shark Diving Trips
Zero-gravity Flight Experience
1. You are visiting the USA this month and you want to go on a low-cost, one-day trip. Which option should you choose?
a. 2 b. 3 c. 4 d. 5
2. Which trips provide you with something to remember them by?
a. 1 and 2 b. 2 and 3 c. 2 and 4 d. 2 and 5
3. You are thinking of taking a trip that will bring you close to nature. Which should you choose?
a. 1 and 2 b. 2 and 4 c. 2 and 5 d. 3 and 5
4. You and your friends love to travel at high speeds. Which options are best for you?
a. 1 and 2 b. 1 and 3 c. 3 and 5 d. 1 and 5
5. Your seventeen-year-old brother is 6 feet tall and in good shape. What can’t he do?
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 5
6. One of your friends wants to go on a trip with you, but he is not very fit. What shouldn’t you do?
a. 2 and 3 b. 1 and 2 c. 1 and 3 d. 3 and 4
7. Your brother loves water sports and other waterrelated activities. Which options suit him best?
a. 1 and 2 b. 3 and 5 c. 2 and 4 d. 2 and 5
8. You are spending next summer’s vacation with your friends and you want to stay under a $1000 budget. Which options should you choose?
a. 1 and 5 b. 1 and 4 c. 1 and 3 d. 1 and 2
9. Your parents usually go on trips where lodging and meals are all-inclusive. Which are the best options for them?
a. 1 and 2 b. 3 and 5 c. 4 and 5 d. 2 and 5
10. Your father works for a big company and wants to arrange an extreme vacation for the company staff. Which vacations would be most suitable according to the advertisements?
a. 1 and 3 b. 1 and 4 c. 4 and 5 d. 1 and 5
11. You do not want to go on a trip that requires you to pay extra for equipment. Which should you avoid?
a. 1 and 2 b. 2 and 3 c. 3 and 5 d. 2 and 5
12. You think that a vacation should also have some educational value. Which is the most suitable?
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 4
4. cater to
b. having official qualifications
c. free of charge
h. provide services to
Thank you for listen
how much Square in the picture?