Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Nepotism and Ethics
Transcript of Nepotism and Ethics
Why is it an ethical dilemma?
What values are in conflict? Virtue Ethics Will nepotistic hires make the organization better?
Can the company defend their decision for a nepotistic hire to the public?
Is the policy consistent with the mission of the organization? Deontology Recommendation Pro's Ethics of Nepotism Look into local and state laws
Review your organization's policy
Have an open door policy
Immediately investigate, address, and resolve
Eliminate gossip Manager has employee he can trust, perhaps more loyalty
Employee benefits from getting a good job
Organization will benefit if they are the best candidate
Must not adversely impact other employees Universal Law? What would happen if everyone hired their relatives?
Is the hire a "means" more than an "ends"?
Stakeholders lose if employee is not most qualified Utilitarianism Perception