Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CAMS at the Toro Library
Stewart Bakeron 19 September 2013
Transcript of CAMS at the Toro Library
General Research Hints
Library access for CAMS
Using the Library Website
How to research for and
write a research paper using
the CSU Dominguez Hills library.
LIB SOUTH 2037O
Check out up to 5 books
Borrow books for 5 weeks
Renew books online
Access newspapers, journal articles, and e-books online, when on campus or in the CAMS building.
Please note that CAMS students are unable to access our online materials from home.
Where is the library?
Newspapers and Articles
How can I get access?
CAMS students need to fill out a User application form before they can use the materials at the library.
These forms are available from your teacher. Take it home and complete it, and then return it to your teacher.
Before you can check out materials, you will need to take your CAMS ID to the circulation desk to be activated.
* Most Books
* Peer-reviewed Journals
* Review Websites
Wikipedia (the right way)
- Is it easy to figure out who's behind the information? Does whomever it is know what they're talking about? Do they have qualifications in the field or some other reason to be trust-worthy in it?
- Are the sources cited well? Is the information up-to-date? Are there any broad, sweeping generalisations that are impossible to verify?
- What is the page's point-of-view? Is it a corporate page trying to sell you a product? Is it a government or educational site where the main purpose is to educate people?
- Is it possible to double-check the information in another location?
Advanced Google Search
.edu - Educational (usually University) websites
.gov - US Government websites