Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nigger/Nigga
Why do people use the n-word?
Who can use it?
When is it okay to use the n-word?
Q: I'm out with friends and coworkers at my favorite karaoke bar, and the next song in the rotation is a popular hip-hop song. Is it OK to shout the n-word in this context?
2. Blacks only
Burlington v. News Corps
Trash Talk in sports
Women vs. Men
Katie Smith, WNBA
Sports & Music
Brown v. Chicago Board of Education
Johnson v. Carmona
Brown v. Progress Energy
Lee v. Kmart Corp
Latin Root: niger --> English: negro
White Southern Mispronunciation
Uses & meanings have changed and multiplied
Now also used within black community
Heated contentions regarding usage
Established firmly by early 1800s
Linked with racial relations