Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nigger/Nigga
Why do people use the n-word?
Who can use it?
When is it okay to use the n-word?
Q: I'm out with friends and coworkers at my favorite karaoke bar, and the next song in the rotation is a popular hip-hop song. Is it OK to shout the n-word in this context?
2. Blacks only
Burlington v. News Corps
Trash Talk in sports
Women vs. Men
Katie Smith, WNBA
Sports & Music
Brown v. Chicago Board of Education
Johnson v. Carmona
Brown v. Progress Energy
Lee v. Kmart Corp
Latin Root: niger --> English: negro
White Southern Mispronunciation
Uses & meanings have changed and multiplied
Now also used within black community
Heated contentions regarding usage
Established firmly by early 1800s
Linked with racial relations