Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Dead Reckoning
Previous determined position (fix)
Advancing position based on:
a) estimated (know) speed
b) time (elapsed)
c) course (pre-determined)
60 D = S x T
60 - is used to convert the answer to minutes
D - is the distance. It will be in nautical miles.
S - is the speed. It will be in knots (one nautical mile per hour)
T - is the time. You must enter the time in minutes only.
Speed = 10 knots
Time = 45 min
Distance = S x T/60
10 knots x 45 min./ 60 = D
D= 7.5 n.m (nautical miles)
Getting a FIX
LOP (line of position)
Celestial (any heavenly body)
generally done at night
Drift - wind
Current - water
both change course at sea
D= 32 n.m.
60 min x 32 n.m = S x 50 min.
S = 38.4 n.m/hr
Point of View - /+ 180
Compass = 360 deg
One degree Latitude = 60 min = 60 nautical miles
AGONIC LINE is only place
Magnetic North is same as True North
T= 50 min