Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Energy and Power Technology?
Transcript of What is Energy and Power Technology?
Technology by: Tony Gaspar & Michael Lopez Field engineers-
Installs troubleshoots and maintains wide varieties of supplies and equipment.
Handle the development of lighting, wiring, systems, electric systems, navigation systems, and utilities
Takes discoveries found by lab chemists and determines cost effective ways to work with chemicals and get them produced What is Energy? What is Power? Power- the time it takes for work to be done or energy to be transferred
ipod-energy moving from battery to screen (invisible)
shoveling the drive way- how much force + speed put in to the shovel when snow is picked up
eating- the grinding and chewing of the food uses power Careers Engineers Positive and Negative Impacts How is STEM involved in Energy+Power? -Gas and Oil Drillers
-Power Plant Operators
-Clean Energy Jobs Science- involves thinking of ways to find, create, and get energy
Technology-Without energy and power technology can't function.
Engineering- involved in making the objects that require power and use energy
Math- to calculate the amount of energy need to complete a task + calculate how much energy an object (ex: drilling) will create. Energy- being able to do work. Work is the completion of a task through the transfer of energy
Chemical Energy= Gasoline, Striking a match
Mechanical Energy= People, moving gears, etc.
Thermal Energy= Steam, Stoves, Matches, etc.
Electrical Energy= Ipods, TVs, Video Games
Radiant Energy= The sun, light bulbs, etc. To Do:
* Copy Papers
* Fax Sean
* Buy Groceries
* Get Clothes
* Get Juggernog
*save up for cannon( because cowboys couldn't afford them, or station wagons)
* Save up for Pack'a'Punch
* Join the Amish Mafia Positives: Negatives: * Our technology works
* We have the resources we need
* Jobs are available
* Creates new ideas * Uses up our resources
* It is sometimes costly
* Without it nothing works Conclusion Energy and power has a huge impact on our life today. Without out energy and power we wouldn't live. We need energy and power to complete even the simplest of tasks. How will Energy and Power be used in the future? There are companies that are experimenting with new devices and plan to release them to the world. They will change the way we work with technology and invent new ways of power and energy use.