Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teams + teamwork
Transcript of Teams + teamwork
Officially recognized and supported by organization
Proper management structure with units, divisions, teams, or departments Formal vs Informal Unofficial group, emerges through relationships and shared interests amongst members
Ex. Interest groups, support groups, friendship groups, etc. Usefulness of a Team Types of Teams Committee
Virtual Team & TEAMS TEAMWORK Teams & Teamwork interaction feedback relationships Manager's Role in a Team Social Loafer - A member avoiding responsiblity and taking a 'free ride' ... Aviodence strategies include designating responsibilitites evenly and enforcing due dates
Personal Conflicts - These may arise, lowering team moral and creating a less What Makes a Effective Team?
Stages of Team Development Team Effectiveness =
Quality of Inputs + (Process Gains - Process Losses)
Synergy - A whole is greater then the sum of its individual parts Cons of a Team Success Through Communication 1. Forming - Initial Orientation
2. Storming - Conflict over tasks, and working as a team
3. Norming - Consolidation around task and operating agendas
4, Performing - Focus on task performance
5. Adjourning - Task completion listen understand conversation Supervisor - Head of a formal group
Facilitator - A peer leader
Participant - Contributing member of the project team
Coach - External convenor of a team Other Pros Additional problem solving resources
Better control over operations One who achieves:
High levels of task performance