Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teen Pregnancy and Teen Fathers
Transcript of Teen Pregnancy and Teen Fathers
Most teenage girls don't plan on getting pregnant, but many do. Teen pregnancies carry health risks for both the mother and the baby. Risks for the baby include premature birth and a low birth weight. Many teens don't realize the risks of having sex and what a baby will bring into their teenage lives.
1. Nearly 3 out of 10 teenage girls in the US will get pregnant before age 20 (700,000 pregnancies each year).
2. Parenthood is the leading reason for teens to drop out of school.
3. 8 out of 10 teenage fathers don't stay around to help the baby or the mother, both financially and physically.
Many teenagers don't know the consequences of unprotected sex. Teens can undergo peer pressure from friends and may have a lack of knowledge about pregnancy and what a baby can do to their lives. There's also sexual abuse or rape and a teen can unwillingly become pregnant.
Some teens choose to keep the baby when they become pregnant. Having a baby can cause the parent(s) to drop out of school, separation between the parents, and a lot of stress. However, some choose to have an abortion, which is a medical procedure to end a pregnancy and cause death to the fetus.
Statistics show that 8 out of 10 teen dads don't marry the mother of their child. Absent fathers are less likely to help financially or don't help out at all. 1 out of every 15 American males will father a child while in his teen years.
1. Don't give in to peer pressure.
2. Learn to say "No" and wait until you're ready to be a mother and ready to deal with the responsibilities.
3. If you are going go have sex, use condoms. Condoms are also known to fail 17% of the time.
4. Have some knowledge about pregnancy.
16 and Pregnant
16 and pregnant is a reality TV show that follows the stories of pregnant teenage girls in high school and how these girls deal with the hardships of being a teen mom. It's never an easy task, and these girls are examples of how having a child can affect your life.