Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Interior Plains Geography
Transcript of The Interior Plains Geography
Prairie grass(grasses grow as tall as a human)
Natural vegetation of Canadian prairies was pretty much grassland.
long hot summer
very little rain
Prairies are ecosystems considered part of the temperate grasslands
(PAST & PRESENT)
Rivers and lakes are overflowing.
hail, dust rooms, blizzard, ice storms
planted crops etc.
made tools for hunting
oil & gas industries
DID YOU EVER WONDER WHY PEOPLE LIVED IN THE INTERIOR PLAINS?
By: Sahejpaul Nanua
boreal forests gradually become tundra towards the Arctic Ocean.
bigger industries (oil and gas)
warmer temperature will increase the chances of precipitation
flooding and severe drought
Here are SOME of the reasons why:
The plains have very good climate and vegetation.
Its environment is surrounded of resources (e.g food such as crops, wheat and barley)
& Climate Change
The climate in the Interior Plains is very humid. It is combined with the flat land that makes it an ideal climate to grow grain and corn.
Tends to change quickly without warning.
1. How would climate change effect the Interior Plains' environment?
2. Why would contemporary challenges harm The Interior Plains?
3. How would global warming harm the Interior Plains?
- Divided into Central Lowlands and Great Plains.
-Central Lowland rises 600-1500 m above sea level.
-Gently rolling,little hills ,gradually sloping from east to west.
THE INTERIOR PLAINS