Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Student CM 380 Entertainment
Transcript of Student CM 380 Entertainment
Subconscious: Impulse Decisions
Conscious: Mood Management
Para-Social Interaction/Para-Social Relationships
Selective Exposure =
Incorporation of uses and gratifications and behavioral media effects approach
conflict, satisfying results
relief theories (Freud)
suspense (varies by gender)
paradox of tension
Horton and Wohl (1956)
Functional alternative to
attraction to figures (social and physical)
Identification vs. affinity
Breaking the "fourth wall"
24 hour coverage
addition of personalized communication (e.g., Twitter)
*Natural vs. Super Natural
I want to be like them
I feel for them
See into their personal lives
e.g., Miley Cyrus