Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
DNA Structure/function and history
Transcript of DNA Structure/function and history
Watson and Crick
1. DNA is the code to make proteins.
DNA- So complex its simple
Made the first model
of DNA structure
2. DNA regulates what Protein is made by the cell and when.
3. DNA determines Cell Differentiation
- DNA copies its self
makes a RNA
copy of 1 gene
RNA is translated
Objective- students will know the basic structure and function of DNA and the scientists who discovered it.
DNA/ Chromosome Structure
DNA is wrapped around the Protein Histone To produce the tightly packed chromosome.
Made up of a chain of nucleotides
1 Sugar (deoxiribose)
1 Nitrogen Base (A,T,C,G)
The Nitrogen bases always pair the same way.