Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
DNA Structure/function and history
Transcript of DNA Structure/function and history
Watson and Crick
1. DNA is the code to make proteins.
DNA- So complex its simple
Made the first model
of DNA structure
2. DNA regulates what Protein is made by the cell and when.
3. DNA determines Cell Differentiation
- DNA copies its self
makes a RNA
copy of 1 gene
RNA is translated
Objective- students will know the basic structure and function of DNA and the scientists who discovered it.
DNA/ Chromosome Structure
DNA is wrapped around the Protein Histone To produce the tightly packed chromosome.
Made up of a chain of nucleotides
1 Sugar (deoxiribose)
1 Nitrogen Base (A,T,C,G)
The Nitrogen bases always pair the same way.