Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cleopatra VII
Path to Rule
- Took rule of Egypt alongside her brother (age 12) after her father, Ptolemy Auletes, died in 51 BC
- She was only 18 at the time, ruling with her brother who was only 12
- After the death of her father, Roman control over Egypt grew.
- In order to save her country, she made an alliance with Caesar through courtship
- After Caesar's death, she became sole ruler of Egypt and then moved on to Mark Antony, the next ruler of Rome.
- She sacrificed a lot to be able to save her kingdom from Roman rule.
- She gave herself to the roman rulers at the time to create an alliance between the two countries.
- She is one of the few female pharaohs of Egypt.
- Her intelligence and wisdom allowed her country to be independent for even a little more time
- She was a descendant of Alexander the Great, a Greek who conquered Egypt.
- Her family is of Macedonian blood. Her ancestors were all greek
- Of all her family, Cleopatra was the only one who went through the process of the religious rituals to be a pharaoh.
Despite being one of the few women pharaohs of Egypt, Cleopatra has shown why she truly deserved that title. She gave everything she had to be able to keep the Romans from taking over and kept Egypt an independent country.
Who is she?
- Last Egyptian pharaoh
- Real name = Thea Philopator
- Birth = 69 BC in Alexandria, Egypt
- Death = 30 BC
- Committed suicide by letting poisonous snakes bite her
- Cleopatra's tomb was never found
- Mark Antony and Cleopatra were buried together
- Believe that tomb is around Alexandria, Egypt
- Tomb is not yet confirmed, but it is possible that Cleopatra's tomb is in Taposiris Magna, a temple of Osiris.