Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FORCES IN ACTION
Transcript of FORCES IN ACTION
Can you answer the following?
What is a force?
What are some common examples of forces?
What effet do contact and non-contact forces cause?
How do we show forces in diagrams?
How do we measure forces in an experiment?
Gravity, magnetism, electrostatic
Friction, air resistance, buoyancy, surface tension
Mass and weight
Newton's three laws of motion
A force is a push or a pull
There are contact and non-contact forces
Forces have direction and magnitude
Forces can cause an object to:
Forces are measured in Newtons (N)
There is more than one force acting on falling objects -
(N) is different from
Magnets can attract and repel
can affect the fall of a parachute
can be friend and foe
Things are lighter in water due to
which differs from
Chapter 8 reading
Science of toys
Participation in class discussions