Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Insect Metamorphosis
Shorter days Influences on metamorphosis and molting. Growth rate.
Insecticides Advantages/disadvantages to molting and metamorphosis Bigger and stronger experiments + sun: more activity.
- sun: lethargy.
+ moisture: More oriented, but not to much.
- moisture: seemed they didn't know what they were doing.
+ habitat/food: growing very fast.
- habitat/food: sadly some of them died. r Gradual metamorphosis Exoskeleton
removing the shell some insects cannot eat Moths
cicadas Not equiped with organs nessesary to ingest.
Only purpose is to reproduce.
homometabplous Reasons for metamorphosis Reduce competition for food between adults and their offspring.
Allow young and adults to live in completly different evironments.
advertisment that the individual is ready to reproduce. Parts of an insect
and what they are used for Head
mouthparts Bad reputation r