Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
7th Grade - Gesture Drawing
Transcript of 7th Grade - Gesture Drawing
2. How do you think these drawings were created? Quickly? Slowly? Gesture Sketching: A sketching technique to quickly and loosely capture the essential movement or action of a subject.
Gesture Sketching is used for active thinking - most artists plan their work in a gestural manner before creating a work of art. Analyze lebrun Mass gesture line gesture 1. What is the main idea of
2. Why would an artist sketch prior
to the start of creating artwork?
3. Did you find gesture drawing hard?
Why or why not? Exit Card 1. What are some words you would use to describe the lines in the drawing?
2. Is the subject moving or still? How can you tell? Gesture Sketching Figurative Example of: Next:
Choose your five favorite poses by circling them.
You will be using these poses to create your 3-D Sculpture starting next class. So how do Artist's create a LINE gestural sketches? Strike a Pose For those of you who choose to, you will be modeling for your classmates. We will need a minimum of 25 total poses. (10-15 models as time allows)
1) When I call your name you can pose or pass
2) If you pose:
You will climb onto the assigned table
ALWAYS stand in the middle, (no HORSEPLAY)
I will be spotting you
You will strike 5 different poses that show movement (think of sports, outside activities, cheerleading, dance moves, gymnastics, acting).
You will hold that pose for 10 seconds at a time
After 5 poses you will return to your table.
3) IF you are drawing
You will sketch as discussed/demonstrated
Quick gestural sketches showing the motion/movement of the body
You can write the name of the model if you choose too. Agenda:
Prezi - Lesson Introduction
(Take notes in your sketchbook)
Exit-pass You Need:
(Pencils are in table bins) Yellow Class-Table Mangers
Red (BRETT) Yellow (DECLAN)
Blue (JULIE) Green (DREW) 1) Stand or sit making sure you can see the models profile
2) Scan the subject in its entirety
3) Use large movements, sketch loosely
4) Be aware that the hand duplicates eye motion, strive to keep eyes on model only occasionally referring to your paper
5) Avoid outlines, if possible (stick figures) In your sketchbook TABLE Managers: Answer
date) What is Gestural Sketching? STUDENT POSES STUDENT POSES STUDENT POSES RETURN PENCILS TO TABLE BIN Vocabulary Mass vs. Line Gestural Sketching Ms. Rogala will demonstrate Collect sketchbooks and
stack on RED table Closing
(Use pencil in your table bin).
Let's talk about movement.
I heard that you learned about movement in tech?
Is that true? Explain.
Life is about movement, you are moving constantly day and night.
Gestural sketching is about capturing movement using simple scratchy lines.