Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Physics!
2) 23 M
3) 15 M Putter 4) 11.5 M
5) 10.2 M
6) 8.5 M Inertia is an objects ability to move or the laziness of an object Newtons Laws 1st- An object at rest stays at rest, an object in motion stays in motion unless acted on by an outside force. 2nd- The acceleration of an object is produced by the net force exerted on it, it is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force and inversely proportional to the mass of an object. 3rd- For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Data Linear motion is motion along a straight line. linear motion is measured by speed or the distance covered per unit time; v=d/t is the equation for average speed, and d=1/2at(squared). in order to find a (acceleration) use a= /t Swings Driver Putter 1.86s
2s Balls time Driver
(comp POT) 2.1s
4s the acceleration of my ball from trial four was .5 m/s 2 Force is calculated by using the equation f=ma. The force of my first swing was .2n I calculated the velocity of my 4th ball by using the equation v=d/t, then plugged that velocity into the equation a=v-v/t in order to find the average acceleration of the ball. f i After determining the acceleration of the ball .5m/s I multiply that by the balls tiny mass of .46kg to determine the force I exerted on the ball via my putter. This concept is based on Newtons third law; every action has an equal and opposite reaction. you use f=ma in this area as well. The action in golf is me swinging the club, the reaction is the balls movement upon impact with the club. The force exerted by the ball by my driver in the second trial was 3.3n. Momentum is inertia in motion or momentum=mass(velocity). a big truck going fast has a huge amount of momentum. A little car going slow has relatively little momentum. In order to find the momentum of the golf club I must first determine the distance the tip of the golf club covered I calculated that this distance was 4.7m on my third swing. Evan is COOL! By taking that 4.7m and dividing it by the 2s it took me to swing I can calculate the velocity of my club and using the given mass of my club (.32kg) I can calculate the momentum of the driver. p=mv, p=.32kg(2.35m/s) The momentum of my driver on the third swing was .752kg m/s When the axis of an object is internal it is called a rotation or spin. When the axis is external it is called a revolution. The measure of something moving along a circular path is called tangential speed. The formula to find tangential speed is v=(2(pi)(r))/T, to find T use T=1/f. To find the tangential speed of my best swing (3rd) I use 1.5m which is how far it is from the tip of my club to the center of me (radius). Then I use the time it took me to complete my full swing; 3s. The tangential speed of my 3rd and best swing was 3.2m/s v=(2(3.14)(1.5m))/3s 2 In my second trial the ball went 23m in 1.5s. indicating that the force was relatively big as was the acceleration while the mass of the ball is tiny. Projectiles are objects moving through the air; a cannonball, a ball rolling off a table etc. What makes them a projectile is the presence of gravity and vectors. Using vectors I can determine that when the ball has traveled 4m horizontally it traveled .55m vertically. At the top of it's path the ball is moving only horizontally because gravity has equaled the force that was pushing up on it, so the net horizontal force equals zero. Horizontal and vertical forces are independent of each other. Kim Daddy rules Mr. Kim rocks I love physics! A+ ???