Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Newspaper
SAVE MEMORIES AND GO TO LANDMARK'S SHOPES
gods, foods, mummies, animals and more!!!!
“I will not be triumphed over.”
PLACES TO SEE
~Stable food supply~
Some great places to go see and learn about Egypt are:
(1) Abu Simbel - it is temples that are made out of two massive rocks. The twin temples were originally a mountain, but during the reign of Pharaoh Ramses II in the 13th century BC, Pharaoh told his slaves to carve right through it and make a temple.
(2) Sphinx - a figure of an imaginary creature having the head of a man and the body of a lion.
(3) The City of the Dead (Cairo) - A necropolis and cemetery in Cairo.
(4) Hatshepsut's Temple - The focal point of temples and tombs on the West Bank of the Nile River. She was one of the most successful female pharoahs.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Egypt Is About To Go
Breaking News: Only 12 Tickets Left, Get It Before They Shut It Down
iT DOESN'T HURT TO KNOW A LITTLE BIT MORE
FUN FAST FRENZY FACTs
Egypt, the least popular place, is about to close down! It smells really bad and nobody wants to go to Egypt, but you can fix that by just flying over, and donating one dollar, plus an air freshener, and YOU can save this most historical place in the WORLD! Everybody is now going - from North America to Antarctica to Asia - they all are going and there's only twelve FREE tickets left. That includes FREE first class tickets on your own private plane, FREE TOUR BUS, and your own hotel house. So, there is NO excuse for not going! All you have to do is go online, or call 123-456-7890, to win the exclusive trip to amazing Egypt, and IF YOU don't go, YOU will miss a life time of the best place on earth, with this nicely proved offer.
(1) A Pharaoh (or King) would never let his hair be seen, he would always wear a crown or a headdress.
(2) When the King or Queen died the people would burried everything the would need if the were still alive
(3) The Pyramid of Giza took between 20,000 to 30,000 workers over 80 years to build .
(4)The shape of the pyramids was built in a triangle to try to look like the spreading rays of the sun.
(5) Egypt was the first to make a calender with 365 days in it.
(6) The Nile River is one of the longest river in the world.
(7) Egypt was home to the Great Library of Alexandria, one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World.
(8) Only an inch of rain on average falls per year in Egypt.
By, Abigail Iuliano Period 7
Abu Simbel ^
There is so much to see in Egypt, like King Tut's burial chamber that Howard Carter found. The chamber contains King Tut's own shrine that held King Tut's bodily organs. Take pictures next to the to god guards that protect King Tut's body in to the secret room. In 2010, DNA testing showed that King Tut had malaria, which might have made his leg infected or caused him to fall in the first place leading to his death. King Tut had very few accomplishments during his life time as a ruler. The birth name of Tutankhamun was Tutankhaton, which meant “Living Image of the Aten.” There were four shrines and four sarcophagi that held King Tut.
religion and stable food supply
Egypt has the most unusual religion. Egyptians have 29 very important gods, a lot more other gods too. The Egyptians had to pray on a regular basis and if they didn't the gods would get angry and stop helping them. How were the people supposed to do all their work and pray to all of their gods? They figured out how to do it by making small statues of themselves praying which they then put in the blue Ziggerat, which is where the most important god was located. When a common Egyptian died, they were put in a large container and thrown in a room in the temple where the other common Egyptians were also placed. But when the pharaohs died they got the special treatment. What they got was steps to become the most impeccable mummy ever, and if they a servant messes up they get killed. After all the 20 steps of making the pharaoh a mummy and and putting the pharaoh in a tomb then a priest in a Anubis mask that will help the pharaoh become a god.
Egypt has one of the best stable food supply because their soil is so rich, dark and fertilized, so that fruit and vegetables grew perfectly. Another reason is that they fed and took such great care of their animals that they lasted longer , reproduced more and provide more food. They also lived next to a ocean and lakes that offered salts and water. Fishing was one of the most common way to get meat because the way they caught the fish was slow enough that the fish could reproduce faster then they got caught, so the Egyptians have an endless supply of fish meat. Bread was contently being made because the Pharaohs would eat them a lot and the the Egyptians would also eat them a lot.
this is what it somewhat looks like
good land to bad land