Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fifth Harmony
Dinah Jane Hansen
- Dinah Jane Hansen is a Light Lyric Mezzo Soprano with a tessitura of 5 octaves and also known to sing as a Lyric Alto.
- Lauren Jauregui is a Lyric Alto with a 3 octave range.
- Camila Cabello is a Fach Mezzo Soprano with a tessitura of 2 octaves.
The members of the American girl group, Fifth Harmony, made in the second season of The X Factor USA, include: Ally Brooke, Normani Kordei, Dinah Jane Hansen, Lauren Jauregui & Camila Cabello. They chose their name because, when they sing, they sing in harmonies of 3, 4 or 5 parts.
- Ally Broke is a Mezzo Soprano with a 4 octave tessitura.
- Normani Kordei Hamilton is a Coloratura Mezzo Soprano with a 2 octave tessitura.
Awards and Nominations
Music and Style
Tours & Concerts and TV Shows
Contributions to Society
EP: Better Together
Release date: October 22, 2013
1. Don't Wanna Dance Alone
2. Miss Movin' On
3. Better Together
4. Who Are You
5. Leave My Heart Out of This
pop, dance and R&B
Fifth Harmony is inspired by singers like Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Whitney Houston, Spice Girls and Destiny's Child. Other role models include artists like Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Selena, Celia Cruz, Lana Del Rey, Leona Lewis and Selena Quintanillas.
They have described their music as having a "retro feel" to it. According to their official website, Lauren has an mature, smoky voice, which brings a fierce and "feisty flavor", Camila has a unique voice that gives the group a "raw edge", Normani has a bluesy vocal style that comes from her roots as a gospel singer, Ally has a "powerful" vocal range which has vibrant energy, and Dinah has drawn comparisons to Beyoncé and Alicia Keys.
1) Popdust (Won 1 out of 2 nominations)
2) Teen Icon Awards (Won 2 out of 2 nominations)
3) Youtube Music Awards (Won 0 out of 1 nomination)
4) Vevo Lift (Won 1 out of 1 nomination)
5) Capricho Awards (Won 0 out of 1 nomination)
6) TVZ News Awards (Won 1 out of 1 nomination)
7) Geração Z Awards (Won 4 out of 4 nominations)
8) Teen Awards Brazil (Won 1 out of 1 nomination)
1) Radio Disney Music Awards (Won 2 out of 2 nominations)
2) Shorty Awards (Won 1 out of 1 nomination)
3) Billboard’s Girl Group Week (Won 1 out of 1 nomination)
Fifth Harmony supports a lot of charities and organizations whose proposals are dedicated on sponsoring unfortunate teenagers and promoting youth empowerment. In November 2013 they joined with the Ryan Seacrest Foundation, and visited patients at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, in which they also performed. In 2013, Fifth Harmony was part of the Social Media Mania, which was sponsored by the producers of Teen Choice Awards, and its main purpose was to promote social media awareness and protecting against the dangers of technology misuse. Which as well, two members of fifth harmony shared some of their own experiences of victims of cyber bullying. The group participated in Goodwill Industries' 2013 Fall Haul Donation Challenge whereby schools in Wisconsin and Illinois were encouraged to donate as many items as possible to the charity. The school with the most donations won a private live Fifth Harmony performance. It was revealed in January 2014 that Fifth Harmony is the new face of the Aéropostale and Do Something Teens for Jeans campaign. The girl group. Recorded a public service announcement encouraging community-driven donations of "gently worn" denims to the campaign, in aid of homeless teens.
- The X-factor USA 2012
- 2014: Neon Lights Tour (Demi Lovato) (North America)
- 2014: Live on Tour (Austin Mahone) (North America)
- Ellen Degeneres Show - USA
- 2013: Harmonize America Mall Tour - USA
1: Name the 5 girls in the group, name & last name.
2: Name one charity they have contributed to.
3: What is the voice type of Ally Brooke?
4: Name 2 of their awards & nominations.
5: Name 1 tour they have had.
Ally Brooke is known as the little sister of the group. She was born July 7 1993, in San Antonio, Texas. . Her vibrant energy and musical skills come from having performed at charity events, since the age of nine. “That’s when I developed such a huge passion for singing and the stage,” she says.
Normani Kordei was born in May 31, 1996 in Atlanta, Georgia. She was raised in the rich musical tradition of New Orleans. Kordei has been performing since she was 3 years old, and recording her first single at age 13.
Lauren Jauregui was born on June 27, 1996 in Miami, Florida. Lauren first remembers singing at a karaoke party when she was 2 years old. However, other than attending multiple school talent shows and performing the national anthem in fifth grade, she did not sing in public. When she was 16 she participated in the X factor USA, because she wanted to have Simon Cowell´s opinion about her singing skills.
Camila Cabello was born March 3, 1997 in Cojimar, Cuba. Camila and her family spent five years living between the Habana and Mexico. She was greatly inspired by Latin artists, yet only sang in the privacy of her room “I didn’t sing in front of people until my actual X Factor audition,” she says. "I knew performing was the only thing I could see myself doing for the rest of my life.”
Dinah Jane Hansen was born June 22, 1997 in Santa Ana, CA. Her mother sang with a reggae band and her brothers sang in church. Dinah always remembers being 4 years old and wanting to learn to sing to impress her mother. At 11, she told her parents she wanted to pursue a singing career.