Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of negotiation
then use power change tactics. Power Symmetry Exploitation of the small Power Asymmetries Structuralists' paradox Benefit of the small parties Thank you! Dynamic model of
negotiation power 16 Sources of power - summarised by Dobrijevic, Stanisic and Masic(2011) 1. Need
8. Skills 9. Elegant solution
14. Intangible factors
15. Material resources
16. Perception Five bases of power Reward
Referent - French & Raven (1959) Conciliatory tactics
Willingness to cooperate
Conflicts and pressure Nine dimensions of
influence tactics - Yukl & Tracey (1992) 1. Pressure
6. Rational persuasion
7. Inspirational appeal
9. Personal appeal Power-use tactics - Lawler (1992) Improve quality of own BATNA
Decrease quality of counterpart‘s BATNA
Decrease valuation in the counterpart‘s contribution
Increase counterpart‘s‘ valuation of your own contribution Cooperative choices more likely
No tendency of one party to dominate the other
Higher joint gains (e.g. prisoner's dilemma) unequal relationship between the parties who exchange communications.
a relationship between the small and the big, the weak and the strong How is it possible that weaker parties negotiate with stronger parties and still get something? - Olson (1965) - Zartman and Rubin (2000) Dependency
of the stronger on the weaker Clever tactics Threat Chance - + Power Influence & - Yukl& Tracey (1992) Using power in negotiation Power Influence - Kim,Pinkley&Fragale (2005)