Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Air has mass
Transcript of Air has mass
How can I show that air exerts force???
If I hit the packing tape on the open part of the funnel, then the flame will go out. This happens because the air pushes the flame out with its weight.
. plastic funnel
. packing tape
. 15 cm ruler
. one tea light candle
1. Cut off long end of the funnel.
2. Cover large open end of the funnel with packing tape.
3. Measure exactly 15 centimeters.
4. Place lit candle on one end and the funnel on the other.
5. Hit packing tape part of the funnel and watch the effect.
Air has mass :)
When I flicked the packing tape it pushed
air over the flame. The air's weight caused the
flame to go out.