Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Area of Rectangles
Transcript of Area of Rectangles
Rectangles Can you think of times when people need to work out area? Perimeter is the distance around a shape. Area is the amount of space inside a shape. We measure area in square units.
Square units are the number of squares that will fit inside a shape. To find the area of a rectangle, you can:
multiply the length of one side by the width of another side.
length x width = area 5m x 2m + 10m
count the squares inside the shape. 10 squares = 10m 5 squares 2 squares Michelle wanted to paint her wall. She needed to know the area of her wall so she knew how much paint she would need. Which size paint can would she need? Cindy wants to put new carpet down in her bedroom. Her bedroom floor is shaped like an "L", and she is having trouble finding the area of the floor. Looking at the picture below, what is the area of her floor? Draw this out of squared paper to help. 6 m 4 m 6 m 2 m Using your paper squares make this shape. How many squares are inside our shape? 2 2 9m 5m 45m 54m 15m 2 2 2