Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Transcendentalist Song: Brave
Transcript of The Transcendentalist Song: Brave
Song and Themes
"Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave
With what you want to say
And let the words fall out
Honestly I wanna see you be brave"
"Everybody’s been there,
Everybody’s been stared down by the enemy
Fallen for the fear
And done some disappearing,
Bow down to the mighty
Don’t run, just stop holding your tongue"
The Beauty & Glory of Nature
"Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
Show me how big your brave is"
*Brave by Sara Bareilles.
-The Importance of free individual expression and self-reliance
-The beauty and glory of nature
Importance of Free Individual Expression & Self-reliance
- This part of the song expresses the importance of saying what you want without letting anyone get in your way. Relying on yourself and trusting your intuition will get you where you want to be. In this case, not holding back is how you show the world you're brave and you can rely on yourself.
This part of the song expresses non-conformity. One must not hold their tongue. When they do, they become a part of the crowd, not their true selves.
In this case, the light is a savior. The light can be a cure for someone once they decide to leave the "cage" they live in. When someone finally decides to speak up.
Connection w/Transcendentalism & Importance of the Song
This song is about speaking one's mind. For some reason, as people, we find a reason to hold back what we want to say. Many times we think we will be judged for what we say or what we do. Transcendentalism promotes free individual expression and self-reliance. This song also promotes the same thing by letting the listener know that they should never hold back if they're trying to say or do something. Always speak your mind, never be afraid to do so.
This song also expresses non-conformity by encouraging people to speak up and not to fall in the same routine as everyone else.
Be different. Be yourself.