Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Forrest Gump Final Project
Transcript of Forrest Gump Final Project
2. (May 16, 1963) Integration of the University of Alabama
A federal district court ordered the University of Alabama to allow African American students Vivien Malone and James Hood to take part during its summer session. The court's decision created a standoff between federal authorities and Alabama Governor George Wallace who had made a campaign promise a that he would not allow blacks to go to public schools and said he would even stand in the doorway. Wallace fulfilled his campaign pledge on June 11, standing in the doorway until the national Guard showed up.
Forrest arrives at the school auditorium to find a crowd of people yelling at students entering the school, and when one of the students drop their notebook Forest picks it up,hands it to her, and follows her in.
3. (August 27, 1963) March on Washington
-The March on Washington was an event in which civilians along with Vietnam War veterans protested the United States involvement in the war.
-Forrest had just received the Medal of Honor from the White House and was going for a walk when he accidentally got mixed in with war veterans on their way to the protest.
1. (June 5, 1956) Elvis's "Dancing" premieres on the Milton Berle Show
Shortly after Elvis visits Forrest Gump's mother's motel and learns some new dance moves from Forrest. Elvis debuts his new moves on the Milton Berle show which sparks the first controversy over Elvis's career.
4. (November 22, 1963) Kennedy Assassination
Kennedy was fatally shot by a sniper while traveling with his wife Jacqueline in a presidential motorcade.
Forrest met president Kennedy when he was named to the all-american football team in college.
2. (January 24th, 1961) Near atomic bomb explosion in the u.S., A US atom bomb nearly exploded in 1961 over North Carolina that would have been 260 times more powerful than the device that devastated Hiroshima, according to a declassified document.
-Forrest accidentally hits a button at a disclosed event in North Carolina almost exploding the United States.
4. (May 27, 1977) First Star Wars movie comes out
Forrest takes Little Forrest as they share the experience of going to a movie theater for the first time.
1. (December 1, 1955) Rosa Parks is arrested for not giving up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama.
-Forrest was riding the bus when he saw police take Rosa Parks from her seat to take a ride in the police car.
5. (June 17, 1972) Watergate
-Watergate was a burglary which President Nixon was aware of that was carried out to wire tap phones and steal documents from the office. This event led to the impeachment of President Nixon.
-Forrest had just received the congressional medal of honor at the white house and went back to his hotel.
-He called the police saying that they might want to check to see if the power had gone out because there were several men walking around the Democratic National Committee's office with flashlights looking for the fuse box
5. (May 18th, 1980) Mt. St. Helen's erupts, In 1980, a major volcanic eruption occurred at Mount St. Helens, a volcano located in state of Washington, in the United States. The eruption was the only significant one to occur in the contiguous 48 U.S. states since the 1915 eruption of Lassen Peak in California.
-Forrest was in the state as ash falls from the sky as if it was raining ashes.
3. (August 28th, 1963) Martin Luther King Jr. I have a dream speech, Excerpt from Martin Luther King's “I Have a Dream” Speech. The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., delivered this speech on August 28, 1963, on the steps of the Washington, D.C., Lincoln Memorial during the march on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
- Forrest is standing in the crowd along with all the others who believe they deserve better in life as Forrest supports the Civil Rights movement
Our Life and Times
1. (April 23 1985) Coca-Cola releases new coke.
Coca-Cola released a new tasting coke formula, but received massive negative feedback from the public in which they changed it back to the original.
-Forrest and little Forrest were visiting the coca-cola plant in Atlanta, Georgia after Forrest was asked to do a commercial.
-Little Forrest got a little too curious and started touching the machinery. He wrongly reset the machines to put in too much syrup making the drinks too strong. Coke later realized what had happened and tried to make the product sell by saying it was a new formula.
Song: Dead or alive- You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)
2. (January 25, 1987) Super Bowl XXI
-New York Giants defeat Denver Broncos 39-20
-Forrest takes Little Forrest to the Super Bowl. It just happens to be his first professional football game. Forrest and his son watch the game and drink Dr. Peppers together.
Song: Metallica-Enter Sandman
3. (January 20, 1989) President George H. W. Bush is inaugurated as the 41st president of the U.S.
4.(February 26, 1993) World Trade Center Bombed
President Bush was inaugurated on January 20th, 1989 while President Bush was giving his speech Forrest and Forrest Jr. were visiting and stopped to listen to the new presidents speech.
Song: Drake- Started From the Bottom
5. Oklahoma City Bombing (April 19, 1995)
The Oklahoma City bombing was a domestic terrorist bomb attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City, killing 168 people including 8 federal marshals. Terry Nichols received a life sentence while Timothy McVey was sentenced to death.
7. June 7, 1997 Detroit Red Wings win first Stanley Cup in franchise history.
-While the NHL playoffs were going on Forrest gets 2 tickets to Game 4 of the Championship.
-Dressed in their Red Wings gear they celebrate when they win the Stanley Cup.
Song: Queen- We Are the Champions
-At the World Trade Center in New York, a homemade car bomb exploded in the parking garage leaving a 60 foot wide crater killing 6 people while injuring thousands.
-Forrest and Little Forrest were walking through New York City when they heard the blast.
-Forrest explained that Jenny always told him that whenever he got into trouble, to run. So they ran.
Song: Billy Withers- Ain't No Sunshine
Forrest is visiting a federal marshal but as he arrives by plane in Oklahoma City he sees smoke coming from the city.
Song: Kansas- Dust in the Wind
8. (October 12, 1998) Mathew Shepard (a homosexual student) was killed at the University of Wyoming.
-The student was beaten to the point of severe injury and died 6 days later from his injuries.
-Little Forrest was attending the University of Wyoming, and Mathew Shepard was his dorm roommate
Song: Elton John- American Triangle
9. (December 31, 1999) Y2K Bug
-Everybody believed that all electronic devices were going to crash and life itself, being run on technology, was going to end.
-Little Forrest came home from college for Christmas and New Years, but the Y2K bug didn't affect them because the only electronic device they owned was their old TV from back home at their home in Greenbow, Alabama.
Song: Gary Jewels- Mad World
6. May 20, 1996 Final Episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Forrest was invited on the show to be a guest and appear in the finale. He was taught the dance and theme song by Will Smith and danced with the cast and crew.
Song: Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Theme Song
10. September 11, 2001 World Trade center bombing
Over 3,000 killed in what was one of the most devastating days in American history. A plane was hijacked and flown into the buildings.
Forest is in New York City as he watches in devastation as two planes fly into the towers exploding into a deathly ball of flame and rubble.
Song: Alan Jackson- Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning