Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Hipsters
They are alternative to everyday society and prefer not to conform (excluding the popular 2010 Hipsters trends).
Tutorial time: Wednesday 8/5/14 - 4pm
By: 18059221 Naomi Kroll
17782539 Ashif Gohabar
18012718 Chloe Ellison
18008988 Sarah Marks
18055014 Hoang Lan Huong
Response to Tribes Needs
The eco Charger allows Hipsters to
with others and use their phones; it allows room for
and the need to be an
; and the eCo charger is
Hipsters will definitely buy the eCo Charger because it charges their ever draining phone battery which supports their need to communicate, share photos, blog and much more.
Also, being made from recycled materials and being eco friendly, will satisfy hipsters as their
needs, wants and demands
are being met.
Hipsters ‘cherry pick’ elements from
different subcultures and fringe
movements to make their own unique image.
Hipsters are known as free thinkers, down to earth, expressive and artistic individuals...
Hipsters 'cherry pick' elements from other subcultures such as hippie, punk, grunge, anime and gay styles of fashion.
Dividing the market into different geographical segments such as a certain city’s or suburbs.
The eco charger is available to the wider population and in cities where hipsters are located such as Newtown, Nimbin, Enmore and Bondi.
The Eco charger aims to achieve
high quality power
by the use of
sustainable, efficient clean energy.
Eco Tec aims to achieve building a company that will one day have a good reputation for being Australia’s best eco charger.
Hipsters rely on their phones and social media in everyday life.
Promotion method of online media and e-commerce as it would be most successful in reaching our target market.
Direct marketing enables the business to communicate straight to the consumers which helps develop positive reviews, brand loyalty and encourages repeat purchases.
Advertising will be in hipster magazines such as Frankie, emails, promotions on social media sites, the brand website, twitter, at cafes, electronic stores such as JB-Hifi and specialty shops such as ‘Happy High Herbs’.
Promotion vans will be used giving away discounts for the online store and free Hipster gear in Hipster hotspots such as Newtown and Glebe.
- Pearson Publishing, 5th edition, ‘Principles of marketing’ Armstrong.
- ‘Real Hipsters don’t call themselves Hipsters’ The In Between Girls, viewed 27 April, http://theinbetweengirls.com/2012/04/15/real-hipsters-dont-call-themselves-hipsters/
- Carter, A 2011, ‘What is Selective Distribution?’, EconGuru, Viewed 29 April 2014, http://www.econguru.com/what-is-selective-distribution/
- ‘Marketing theory’, Business case studies, Viewed 1 May 2014, http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/business-theory/marketing/marketing-mix-price-place-promotion-product.html#axzz30YzamLGu
- ‘Promotion and advertising strategy’, Viewed 1 May 2014, http://www.marketing-made-simple.com/articles/promotional-strategy.htm#.U2Obs01ZqUk
- ‘The Marketing Mix’, Learn Marketing, Viewed May 1 2014, http://www.learnmarketing.net/promotion.htm
- Goodboum, B 2012, ‘Eco-Friendly Device Chargers a Sustainable Move by Consumer Electronics Industry’, viewed 29 April 2014, http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/2012/09/13/eco-friendly-device-chargers-a-sustainable-move-by-consumer-electronics-industry/.
Strategy for selling the Eco Charger is penetration because the Hipsters go along with trends but they do not want to be seen as conformists.
The distribution of the Eco Charger will be
which will be most beneficial as the retailers will be specifically chosen from where most hipsters shop.
Eco chargers will be sold at the retailer JB HI FI, as well as Tree of Life, Glue and General pants, as these are the retailers which hipsters usually shop at.
Hipsters demographics are widely range compared to other ‘tribes’.
Most are teenagers or young adults from mixed cultural backgrounds, mixed genders and sexual orientation and different ways
of their lifestyles.
will be known by all hipsters, mostly through word of mouth and will be purchased for occasions such as birthdays, music festivals and Christmas.
Influences on Behaviour
The main behaviour that affects hipsters is personal beliefs shaped by culture, age, gender etc.
Hipsters are influenced by cultural values, e.g. being ‘green’ where they can.
Innovative product. W
ireless charger, speakers for music and customisable covers.
High quality product made from recycled materials and it runs upon solar power.
Lack of awareness. N
o established brand or a loyal customer basis due to new company. It will take time to establish the product through media, word of mouth etc.
2. Opportunity to
expand into other target markets
The economy remains unpredictable.
As the technological products that the charger is designed for, such as smartphones are constantly updated, the
will need to upgrade and develop with the new models so other companies do not copy the eco charger unique technology.
eCo Tec is passionate about creating innovative, eco friendly alternates to the ever growing technology market.
The eCo Charger came from combining the most innovative minds, down to earth designs and recyclable, biodegradable materials to create one stunning ecofriendly charging device.
Through the release of the eCo Charger, Eco Tec aims to increase market share, increase profits as well as satisfying each customer.
Segmentation Variables and Influences on Behaviour