Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Dav Pilkey
In elementary school he was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia.
Dav made lots of noise, so his teacher made him sit in the corridor. While he sat there he invented his characters. He went to college for four terrible years.
The teachers hated his humour....
They told him that he would never make a living as an artist. Hope you enjoy :) College In 1984, he went to Kent State University. To his big suprise, one of his professors encouraged him to write books! So he wrote "World War Won". And guess what........ HE WON A BIG PRIZE! The National Written and Illustrated by... Awards for Students! After this, he was published! Here are some of his characters; Prizes:
1986: The National Written and Illustrated by... Awards Contest for Students
1997: Caldecott Honor Award
1998: California Young Reader Medal He´s published at least 43 books! Moral: "If a silly smart-allecky goofball like Dav Pilkey can turn out allright, then there´s hope for every kid! Thank you for listening!