Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

Electronic Waste Recycling & EWC

Educational presentation about e-waste recycling & eWaste Center, Inc.
by

Angela Choi

on 13 June 2013

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Electronic Waste Recycling & EWC

Electronic Waste
Recycling & EWC

How eWaste Center, Inc.
"Reduces, Reuses, Recycles"

What does EWC do?
Recycle
Reuse
"e-waste for Friends"
Reduce
Our Mission
• Committed to the preservation of our
environment
• Devoted to providing excellent customer
service and data security
• Precede information and news regarding e-
waste to the community and clients
• Philanthropic outreach program, “E-waste for
Friends”, dedicated to benefit local community
eWaste Center, Inc
5788 Smithway St. Commerce, CA 90040
(888) EWASTE8 / (888) 392-7838
www.ewastecenter.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @eWasteCenter
CRT TV
Laptop
Cellphone/Phone
Computer/Monitor
Speaker/Audio equipment
Video/DVD Player
Car Battery
Informal name for a variety of electronic products that have met the end of their "useful life"
Facts
FASTEST growing waste
• 20-50 million Tons per year

• Less than 20% recycled

• Only 15% recycle their computers, the other 85% end up in landfills

• In 2008/2009 Total waste decreased, while E-Waste INCREASED!

• In US, we discard 50 million Mobile Devices per month! only 10% recycled

• Large amounts of e-waste have been sent to China, India, and Kenya
e-waste = Hazardous!
Lead, Barium, Cadmium, mercury, etc.
CRT = Cathoderay tubes (Lead)
LCD = Liquid Crystal Displays (Mercury-filled panels)
Circuitry in monitors: chormium, copper, lead
Batteries: lead, nickel, cadmium, silver, lithium, etc.
... small
?
http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/news/features/e-waste-toxic-not-in-our-backyard210208/
http://reneephillips.blogspot.com/2010/10/steven-rodrig-featured-artist-of-week.html
http://www.greendiary.com/2011-artwork-waste.html
http://www.greendiary.com/2011-artwork-waste.html
http://www.lurvely.com/photo/69412800/TV_aquarium/
http://ecostylelifebeaumonde.blogspot.com/2012/04/art-design-love-your-trash-bin-check.html
http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/overview/
http://thetechnologicalcitizen.com/
http://www.pacebutler.com/blog/e-waste-kills-new-study-reveals/
http://www.ifixit.com/Tablet_Repairability
Full transcript