Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Electronic Waste Recycling & EWC
Transcript of Electronic Waste Recycling & EWC
Recycling & EWC
How eWaste Center, Inc.
"Reduces, Reuses, Recycles"
What does EWC do?
"e-waste for Friends"
• Committed to the preservation of our
• Devoted to providing excellent customer
service and data security
• Precede information and news regarding e-
waste to the community and clients
• Philanthropic outreach program, “E-waste for
Friends”, dedicated to benefit local community
eWaste Center, Inc
5788 Smithway St. Commerce, CA 90040
(888) EWASTE8 / (888) 392-7838
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @eWasteCenter
Informal name for a variety of electronic products that have met the end of their "useful life"
FASTEST growing waste
• 20-50 million Tons per year
• Less than 20% recycled
• Only 15% recycle their computers, the other 85% end up in landfills
• In 2008/2009 Total waste decreased, while E-Waste INCREASED!
• In US, we discard 50 million Mobile Devices per month! only 10% recycled
• Large amounts of e-waste have been sent to China, India, and Kenya
e-waste = Hazardous!
Lead, Barium, Cadmium, mercury, etc.
CRT = Cathoderay tubes (Lead)
LCD = Liquid Crystal Displays (Mercury-filled panels)
Circuitry in monitors: chormium, copper, lead
Batteries: lead, nickel, cadmium, silver, lithium, etc.