Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Event Management
Defining Event Management
“Events are temporary occurrences …They have a finite length, and for planned events this is usually fixed and publicized.”
“A unique moment in time celebrated with ceremony and ritual to satisfy specific needs.”
Come up with your own definition. Which key words do you utilise?
What are the benefits of planning?
List 3 benefits that come to mind. Discuss your chosen benefits with the person sitting next to you.
“Because of the unique nature of each special event, planning is a process that must continuously occur from the start of the bid [initial idea] until the end of the event [evaluation and feedback]”
Refer back in your mind, to an event you have been closely involved with from its original conception / idea
Consider and note down the stages that you went through right from the start to its final completion.
Compare your list with others. If there are
differences, suggest the reasons for this.
Event Planning Process
1. Development of event concept
2. Feasibility Study
- costs and benefits of the event
- event resource requirements
3. Decision to proceed or cease
4. Planning and Implementation
5. The Event
7. Evaluation and Feedback
Key Points of Planning
Successful planning ensures that an
organization/event remains competitive.
• It creates ownership of strategies and
communicates this to the organization
• It consists of establishing where an
organisation is at present, where it is best
placed to go in the future, and the
strategies and tactics needed to achieve