Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of INDIA
- The word Hindu means 'dwellers by the Indus River.'
- Ideal way of life known as Dharma.
-Most believe in monism. Hindus call this essence Brahman.
-Many Hindus are devoted followers of Shiva or Vishnu. Some Hindus subscribe to polytheism, believing in many gods and goddesses (traditionally 330 million!). Buddhism -Originated about 2,500 years ago in what is now Nepal and northeastern India.
- Based on teachings of Siddhartha Gautama, known as the Buddha (meaning "the awakened one").
Dukkha: end suffering
Avidya: eliminate ignorance
Taha: eliminate craving
Nirvana: highest happiness THE FOUR TRUTHS
1. Suffering exists. It is part of the very structure of existence
2. Suffering has a cause.
3. There is a way to end (or at least greatly reduce) suffering.
4. A way to end suffering is by following the eightfold path. Hinduism Sikhism CASTES VOLUNTEERING Five sikhism rules:
Kesh: not cutting long hair
Khanga: use a little comb to put up your hair.
Kara: use a metalic bracelet
Kacha: use cotton underwear.
Kirpan: some time ago, used to be a sword but nowadays it's just a dagger. It's used to protect others. It means 'color', but it is also
refer to the different social classes of a same athnic group. -Islam is the second-most practiced religion in the Republic of India after Hinduism (13.4% of the country's population) VOLUNTEERING Festivals -It´s a monotheistic religion: Waheguru is their god.
- Founded during the 15th century by Guru Nanak.
- 19 million believers in India. Vishnu
-It's the protector of the world and the restorer of moral order (dharma).
-Vishnu lives in a kind of Paradise and Ganges river arises from his feet .
-In pictures, he holds a conch shell, a discus (Chakra), lotus and a golden mace. Ganges
-As it's a holy river, many believers of the hinduism religion throw corpses to the river in order to clean their souls.
-Mahama Ghandi's ashes were thrown to Ganges. -It's a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion articulated by the Qur'an.
-Based on the teachings of Muhammad, considered by them to be the last prophet of God.
-An adherent of Islam is called a Muslim. 1. BRAHMINS. The first caste was created from the skull and the mouth and it represents the inteligence. 2. KSHATRIYANS. The second caste was created from the arms. It represent the force. 3. VAISYAS. The third caste was created from the legs. It represents the landowners and the merchants. 4. SUDRAS. This fourth caste was created from the feet. They work for the landowners of
the third caste. DALIT. They weren't created from the Brahma body. They don't belong to any caste. TRIBAL. They are people who live in the forest.They are considered a group under the Dalit Brahma ISLAM -Anyone can change his caste, you belong to the same caste as your family. -Women must marry a men from the same caste, the one that the family chose. They consider to speak with people from other caste is an insult to Brahma. Holidays and traditional festivals Elephant Festival - the stars of the celebrations are the elephants.
- Decorated for the occasion, the elephants take part in activities such as parades, races and polo tournaments. - Is used to fire the winter and to welcome the coming of spring.
- throw coloured powders and water. Festival of colors Festival of lights - Also called Dwali
- Is the most important in the country
- It worships the goddess Lakshmi and Kali, and the king Bali
- the streets are filled with lights and spectacular firework displays. Camel festival, Bikamer - In January
- Camel as protagonist
- The camel makes races and musical show Shiva is a Hindu deity and is "the Destroyer" or "the Transformer". He is considered the Supreme God within Shaivism, one of the three most influential denominations in Hinduism, where as in other branches of Hinduism such as in the Smarta tradition, he is regarded as one of the five primary forms of God. The word Buda is a title and not a name. Someone means " that it is awake " in the sense of have be " woken up to the reality ". The title describes the achievement of a man called Siddharta Gautama, who lived 2,500 years ago in the north of the India. When he was 35 years old, after long years of effort, it managed the Lighting being in a deep meditation. Guru Nanak was the founder of the religion of Sikhism and the first of the ten Sikh Gurus. It is part of Sikh religious belief that the spirit of Guru Nanak's sanctity, divinity and religious authority descended upon each of the nine subsequent Gurus when the Guruship was devolved on to them. Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim, also transliterated as Muhammad, was a religious, political, and military leader from Mecca who unified Arabia into a single religious polity under Islam. si, esta guay bueno avisame si quieres que haga algo, voy a cambiar la letra para que concuerde de la religion ok, en lo de la ong pongo solo el link y luego
lo desarrollo dentro de la pagina ?? Volunteering With India is an Indian organization that wants to unify people around the world to help those who need it .
VWI offers a unique combination of volunteering projects and a travel in a fun, safe, educational, and well-organized environment.
Our main goal is to offer support for women, child care, work in rural areas, health programs and disabled people. esto Project by:
Alex Jimeno We hope you have enjoyed it! INDIAN CULTURE Volunteering http://www.volunteeringwithindia.org/