Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Respiratory System
Why - To provide you with the knowledge needed to answer questions on the respiratory system in your GCSE exam.
How - Independent Enquiries, Teamworkers, Self Managers, Reflective Learners Respiratory System Use your Smart Phone or a computer and log on to the website:
(teacher use only SOC-576224) Today you will work in groups
and independently Click on Student Log In
Type in ROOM 79136
Complete the student paced test 8 Second task - In your group
you have 8 seconds to gather
as much information from
the following text as possible
think about your strategy, record your work direct onto the desks with whiteboard pens provided. The two main functions of the Respiratory system are 1) Brings oxygen from the atmosphere into the lungs then into our bloodstream
2) Removes carbon dioxide from the blood into the lungs and back out into the atmosphere
When we exercise our breathing rate quickens and deepens.
Vital Capacity – the maximum amount of air you can breathe out after breathing in as much air as possible.
Tidal Volume - The volume of air you breathe in
and out with each breath. 10 minute
Independent Task Each member of your group now has a task to research something specific about the respiratory system, using the computers, smart phones, text books, QR Codes. You must decide who is researching which part.
1) Understand the main functions of the respiratory system and respiration
2) Be able to label parts of the respiratory system
3) Know the immediate effects of exercise on the Resp System
4) Know the long term effects of exercise on the Resp System
5) What is oxygen debt, tidal volume, vital capacity? Present your findings You are now required to inform all other group members of your findings, you must record all information in your exercise books. (Meaning you will have five bits of new information to write and stick into your books. Assessing Progress
Use your Smart Phone or a computer and log on to the website:
(teacher use only SOC-576224) Click on Student Log In
Type in ROOM 79136
Complete the student paced test again
and we can measure your progress.