Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chipotle Organizational Design
Transcript of Chipotle Organizational Design
Food With Integrity
History of Chipotle
problems associated with change
Naturally Raised Meat Products
Food With Integrity initiative
Chipotle achieved this goal in 2010
Supplier Relationship Management
Since sourcing is so important, Chipotle has a strong focus on SRM.
Chipotle is very strict with their suppliers and demands a lot from them in the following ways:
Examines producer's sustainability and long-term profitability at the first, second, and third-tier levels
Try to develop efficient relationships
Summary of Problems
1. Managing relationships with suppliers
2. Board of Directors have too much control
3. Too centralized decision making
4. Not as responsive to customer’s needs based on geographic differences
Summary of Recommendations
Lewin’s 3 steps for change model
1. Create two liason roles to add 2 levels to hierarchical structure.
Reward: outside consultants will survey the suppliers quarterly in order to receive feedback about the liason role integration. By receiving this feedback evaluation can be made and when improvement across these areas are made, set bonuses will be given to the liason roles. By fueling the bonuses from the perspective of the suppliers this will in turn motivate the liason role to positively maintain the supplier relationship.
History of Chipotle
Problems with Design
extreme resource dependency
relationships with suppliers
1. Create two liason roles to add 2 levels to hierarchical structure
2. Become less centralized
3. Become more organic
4. Merger with suppliers
Chipotle share same value with customers
Institutionalized role orientation
Promote from within approach
Chipotle is a model-esque organization internally with minor potential for conflict
Check-ins regularly in order to maintain culture and policies