Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Google+ Presentation
• Recognized as a multi-layered social networking website, where the aspects of other social networks are combined into one. What is Google Plus? The History of Google+ • Formerly known as Google Circles and Google Buzz, Google+ launched in June 2011.
• Google+ was a hit, reaching a total of 10 million users in it's first two weeks.
• After a year of activity, Google+ had a total of 90 million users. How Does It Work? By Matthew and Evan Homepage • The Google+ homepage combines the aspects of Facebook, Twitter and Skype into one.
• Features such as streaming, trending, communities, chat and hangouts are all accessible through the homepage.
• A multi-layered social network is controlled from one page. Google+ Circles • Google+ Circles focuses on organized sharing, the people you follow can be split into groups.
• These groups can be customized into anything you want, but by default they are arranged as Friends, Family, Acquaintances, and Following.
• Based on your circles, you can customize who you want to see posts from on your live stream. Google+ Communities • Google+ Communities is a way of connecting with people who enjoy similar topics.
• You can create your own community and discuss the topics through group posts and Google+ Hangouts.
• Information and posts about these topics are also shown on your streaming news feed. Google+ Hangouts • Think of a Google+ Hangout as a group video chat, with up to ten people at a time.
• If you want to chat with one person during the hangout, you can invite them to an individual chat window within the hangout.
• Google+ has recently taken the Hangout to a whole new level, already having Hangout with Barack Obama during the last election. Google+ and the World of Business The Potential of Google+ Hangouts
• Hangouts can be made interactive, using an add-on application called Symphonical. This provides virtual sticky notes and whiteboards. The free app allows people to create, move and comment on virtual sticky notes on a virtual whiteboard during the video chat.
• Hangouts also have a new feature called Google Docs. This add-on allows you to create and revise multiple documents with colleagues while video chatting simultaneously video chatting. Tip: Google+ Hangouts allow you to watch YouTube videos together, imagine having a movie night with someone across the globe. Innovation and Organization • Organize Emails with Google+ Circles
-With Google+ Circles allowing you to group people by relationship or category, you can quickly find emails from people you've grouped together in Circles.
• Google+ Local
- Google+ Local is a business review application within the social media network. Based on the app Zagat, it helps you find restaurants, hotels and entertainment with ease. This is great for the advertisement of local businesses, increasing popularity. The Issues of Google+ • Lack of Demand
- Even though it has over 500 million registered users, it does not compare to the one billion users registered to Facebook. Reviewers have described Google+ as a "ghost town."
• Customization Issues
- Since Google+ requires focuses on customization, it is a long process to finish setting up. Some people won't finish the process, they will just want to connect with friends.
• Lack of Privacy
- Google+ struggles in the category of privacy. Compared to the privacy settings of Facebook, it is fairly wide open. Did You Know? On February 22, from 11AM to noon EST, NASA is planning to host a Google+ Hangout from the International Space Station. NASA has been taking in questions from the public to ask the astronauts about their life on the ISS. Tip: Using the keys "J" and "K" on your keyboard will jump you from post to post, without having to use a mouse. Google+ Mobile • Google+ offers a mobile application available for iOS and Android devices.
• The app has the exact same features, having the capability to host Hangouts, post photos, explore communities and book restaurant reservations. Google+ Events • Using Google+ Events allows the user to plan their day, as every event is placed directly into the Google Calendar.
• By creating an Event, you can invite your friends and enable a feature called Party Mode.
• Party Mode allows all invited users to take pictures of the event, and they will automatically be uploaded into the event's album. The Potential of Google+ Being a relatively new social network, Google+ has an extremely high potential to be the next big thing. Features such as the Google+ Hangout are making big headlines in the news, and hopefully it will attract more users. The main problem with Google+ is that it isn't well known, but if it becomes more popular it could easily dominate the social media world. Sources http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/225001 http://www.clickz.com/clickz/news/2243741/nasa-to-host-google-hangout-with-international-space-station http://scoolbell.wordpress.com/2012/11/24/teaching-with-google/ http://www.scoop.it/t/google-plus-news/p/284673674/google-hierarchical-circles-proposal http://searchengineland.com/google-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-83630 How Does Google+ Make Money? Google+ does not generate any sort of income. The website itself is 100% advertisement free, which is a user benefit. With Google being a large enough company already, they feel no need for Google+ to generate income because it is not their primary business. http://memeburn.com/2011/07/how-will-google-make-money/