Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Variations on the Word Love
Transcript of Variations on the Word Love
magazines with not much in them
but the word love, you can
rub it all over your body and you
can cook with it too Irony Love! Love! sing the soldiers, raising
their glittering knives in salute SARCASM ...the point of the entire first stanza. Tone/Diction Bitter/Slightly Creepy Diction, Especially For a Love Poem
"Red-heart shaped vacancies"
"Deep bare vacuums between the stars that press on us with their darkness"
"Debaucheries of slugs under damp pieces of cardboard"
Change in Tone 1st: Seems almost bitter
"a word we use to plug holes with"
2nd: Displays real love, but is despondent
Word is "far too short...too sparse"
"Fear this word is not enough but it will have to do." Ends on a literal cliffhanger
"You can hold on or let go."