Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Adidas
Analysis Porter five forces Forms of Consumption Neo – Tribalism Adidas Group Names;
Kandy Yemane(09039892), Sachini Ratnapala(11035150), Mariana Pestana Lucas (10012954), Saskia Thal(09054046), Renata Polakova(10010482) -A German multinational corporation founded in 1948.
- Designs and manufacturers sports clothing and accessories.
-Adidas Group also owns; Political/Legal
Economic Technological Social/Environmental - Political stability in the UK government
- Export and import policies
- Taxation policies- The import duty rate into United Kingdom is 16.9% and import VAT is 20%
- Ethical responsibilities to Adidas, employees and their customers. E.g. Employee rights, consumers sales of goods act 1979 - The UK unemployment rate at 7.9% (August,2012)
- Adidas is currently the second largest sports brand in the UK and has a 17% share of the £4bn market
- Sports business accounts for 1.8% of all employment in England. (Sport England 2010) sales of sports goods
retailers - Estimated 63 million people living in UK
-Increase in sport participation from 29.0% (2010/11 ) to 31.1% (2011/12)
-Increasing number of women in sports
- In England 24% of men and 26% of women in England are obese
- Before the Olympics 32% they intend to get fitter as a result of Olympic influence, since the risen to more than 52% - Using the preeminent technology to apply a more sustainable approach to production
-R&D plays a main role in product creation and innovation
-Social medias are becoming a significant part of marketing strategies Mintel, 2012 - Innovative products e.g. AdiPure
- Sustainable products
- ‘My Coach’ smart phone application
- Multi-sports specialists
- Customisation of products e.g. MiAdidas “New forms of consumption such as those facilitated by cyberspace, themed environments, the of sex, and the increasing role of leisure in society all play new and interesting roles in daily life that combine consumerism with the most contemporary social forms.” - Gottdiener N et al, 2000 "Today’s consumers are not one-dimensional. They live across the cultural spectrum and that’s where Adidas has its edge. The Adidas brand extends beyond sports and ‘all Adidas’ celebrates this breadth of passion from athletes, musicians, artists and beyond.” -Patrik Nilsson, President, Adidas - Adidas is a well established brand world wide
- Even during the world economic crisis Adidas maintained its success
- Strives to be global leader in sporting goods
-Adidas' strategic plan, called Route 2015Concentrate on building press image Google+ page Facebook page Twitter page Blogs References -Adidas Strategy. 2013. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.adidas-group.com/en/investorrelations/strategy/adidas/default.aspx. [Accessed 28th Nov 2012].-BBC NEWS | Business | Adidas agrees to buy rival Reebok. 2013. BBC NEWS | [ONLINE] Available at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4740755.stm. [Accessed 01st Dec 2012].
- IBISWorld Search Results . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.ibisworld.co.uk/search/default.aspx?st=Adidas. [Accessed 09th Dec 2012].- BBC News - Adidas raises full year profit forecasts. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14399014. [Accessed 09th Dec 2012].
- Euromonitor International - Adidas . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.portal.euromonitor.com/Portal/Pages/Search/SearchResultsList.aspx. [Accessed 14th Dec 2012].
- Sports Clothing and Footwear - UK - August 2011. [ONLINE] Available at: http://oxygen.mintel.com/display/545461/. [Accessed 14th Dec 2012].
- Sports Goods Retailing - UK - May 2012. [ONLINE] Available at: http://oxygen.mintel.com/display/590152/. [Accessed 15th Dec 2012].
- Marks,K. (2012). Factory workers are 'forced to lie' during Adidas safety inspections. Available: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/factory-workers-are-forced-to-lie-during-adidas-safety-inspections-7644018.html. [Accessed 20th Dec 2012].
- Inflation (2012) Consumer Price Indices. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/search/index.html?newquery=inflation. [Accessed 20th Dec 2012].
- Data Monitor . (2011). company profile. adidas AG., pg5-11
- Passport GMID. (2012). adidas (UK) Ltd in Apparel (United Kingdom). Available: https://www.portal.euromonitor.com/Portal/Pages/Search/SearchResultsList.aspx#. Last accessed 09/12/2012.
-Adidas (2012)- Adidas and the sustainable brands. Available: https://www.adidas.com/com/goallin/news/2012/08/sustainable-olympics-news/ [Accessed 17-th Dec 2012]
- Canvas8’s Keeping TABS (2011)-Neo-tribalism. Available: http://www.canvas8.com/media/datafiles/2011/05/Canvas8-KeepingTABS-Issue2.pdf [Accessed 9-th Jan 2013]
-Reuters (2011)- Adidas distribution center. Available: http://in.reuters.com/finance/stocks/ADSGn.DE/key-developments/article/2348918 [Accessed 10th Dec 2012]
- Telegraph (2012) - Arsenal shirt deal with Adidas. Available : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9634840/Arsenal-set-to-sign-25-million-shirt-deal-with-adidas.html [ Accessed 8th Dec 2012]
- Newman, E 2005, 'Nike, Adidas, Reebok Gain Accreditation From FLA', FN: Footwear News, 61, 21, p. 4, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 18 October 2012.
- Groves, E 2009, 'Adidas Net Profits Rise In Fourth Quarter', WWD: Women's Wear Daily, 197, 47, pp. 18-1NULL, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 18 October 2012.
- 'DATAMONITOR: adidas AG' 2010, Adidas-Salomon AG SWOT Analysis, pp. 1-10, Business Source Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 25 October 2012.
- Adidas Group. (2012). Targets vs. Results. Available: http://adidas-group.corporate-publications.com/2011/gb/en/additional-information/targets-vs-results.html. Last accessed 19/10/2012- N/A. (2012). A Multi-Screen Approach. Available: http://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/insights/featured/more-screens-are-better/. Last accessed 6/01/2013.
- n/a. (2012). Google Multi-Platform Case Study: Adidas . Available: Google Multi-Platform Case Study: Adidas . Last [accessed 6/01/2013]- Sport England (2012) Active People Survey 6, available from: http://www.sportengland.org/research/active_people_survey/active_people_survey_6.aspx [Accessed: 2nd January 2013]- Active People Survey (2012), Sports England, available from: http://www.sportengland.org/research/active_people_survey.aspx - [Accessed: 12th December 2012]
- Adidas Group (2012) Nine Month 2012 Results , available from: http://www.adidas-group.com/en/pressroom/archive/2012/08Nov2012.aspx [Accessed: 28th December 2012]
- Tracker BBC News Business (2012) Economic, available from: http://www.adidas-group.com/en/pressroom/archive/2012/08Nov2012.aspx [Accessed: 4th January 2013]
- Brand channel (2012) Adidas ready to make history in 2013,available from: http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/2012/12/21/Adidas-2013-Outlook-122112.aspx [Accessed: 4th January 2013]
- Euromonitor International (2012) Consumer Health in the United Kingdom, available from: http://www.euromonitor.com/consumer-health-in-the-united-kingdom/report [Accessed: 27th November 2012]
- The Guardian (2012) Two-thirds of English men overweight, available from: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/20/overweight-obesity-england-men [Accessed: 22nd December 2012]
- Trading Economics (2012) United Kingdom Unemployment Rate, available from: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/unemployment-rate [Accessed: 4th of January 2012]
- The Telegraph (2012) Arsenal set to sign £25 million shirt deal with Adidas