Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to The History of Advertising & Design
Transcript of Introduction to The History of Advertising & Design
TO BE A BETTER CREATIVE
Art is relative.
Design can succeed
Design history is style history.
A manner of doing something.
Art builds upon itself.
Everything man creates is
affected by what has come
BY EXPANDING YOUR INFLUENCES
Some art is literally made
up of existing art.
BY PRACTICING ACCURACY
It always solves the problem
it set out to solve.
BY STUDYING THE GOALS
BEHIND THE DESIGN MOVEMENTS
Joe La Pompe collection
Similarities Flickr set
Example: Period typography
in movies and television
“You are a mashup of what
you let into your life.”
King Louis the 14th
STYLE = CODE
The History of
Advertising & Design